Advocacy, analysis at ASGA conference
Published: September 12, 2011As the retail sector grapples with a rapidly changing marketplace and new and divergent consumer demands, sporting goods and active lifestyle businesses must foster growth and drive better performance.
Executive director Brad Kitschke questions how can we influence change, what are the opportunities and how can we ensure best practice?
The Australian Sporting Goods Association annual conference, to be held in late September, will focus on best practice.
The 2011 conference will discuss the challenges and opportunities in the industry and explore new developments in the market place. The conference will focus on key topics such as; retail, sustainability, trends and market analysis, the digital economy, advocacy and opportunity.
Says Kitschke, “This conference is for everyone involved in the industry, for chief executives and general managers, financial controllers, logistics, marketing, sales and retail staff.”
Highlights will be the keynote from AFL great Kevin Sheedy and the annual meeting, followed by drinks.
The programme includes:
• Best practice supply chain and data management in the sporting goods and leisure industry with speaker Bonnie Ryan, industry manager of GS1 Australia;
• Kicking goals for sustainability in the sporting goods industry with speaker Tara Allsop, managing director, Green for Retail;
• Action-based advocacy, voices for sport from speaker Andy Turnball, Sports Hydrant;
• The Australian sporting goods market - trends, analysis and opportunities from Ian Krawitz of 10ThousandFeet;
• An industry standard for best practice packaging from Stan Moore of The Australian Packaging Covenant;
• Harnessing opportunities in the digital economy from speaker Reid Elliott, Department of Broadband Communications and the Digital Economy; and
• Cultivating your point of difference using technology from Mark Fletcher of Tower Systems
The conference will be held at Victoria’s Kew Golf Club, on September 29. More information: www.asga.com.au
Read more from: Industry/Business News
|No Related Articles|